Jeff at 4-H May 21 2017-Simple Electronics
1. Name: The Ellsworth Amateur Wireless Association
2. Purpose: The purposes of the Corporation are to promote amateur radio in all its activities.
3. Members: Any person interested in amateur radio shall be eligible for membership.
4. Officers: The Corporation shall elect annually the following officers:
B. Vice President
The offices of Secretary and
Treasurer may be held by the same person.
5. Directors: The affairs of the Corporation shall be managed by a Board of Directors consisting of the Association President, Vice President, Secretary, and treasurer and three (3) additional members of the Corporation. As to members other than the officers, initially one (1) member shall be elected for one year, one for two (2) years, and one for three (3) years. Thereafter, one shall be elected each year to serve a three-year term.
6. At least two (2) months prior to the Annual Meeting of the Association, the President shall appoint a nominating committee which shall submit a list of qualified candidates for the Officers and Board Members.
1. The Association President shall have general supervision of the Association in
all its activities; shall preside at all meetings of the Association and of its Board of Directors.
2. The Vice President shall assume the duties of the President during the latter’s
absence or incapacity and shall assume all or any of the duties of the office of President when so directed by the President.
3. The Secretary shall keep accurate minutes and records of all meetings and activities of the Association and of its Board of Directors and shall make such reports as are required by the Association pertaining to all its activities.
4. The Treasurer shall receive and account for all moneys and shall transfer to
and maintain an account in a local bank in the name of the Association.
5. The President shall appoint such committees for Association activities as the
Board deems desirable.
1. The Board of Directors shall be responsible for the overall management of
the Association in all its phases and activities and shall oversee the performance of duties by officers and committees. The President shall be a member ex-officio of all committees and shall be the Chairperson of the Board of Directors.
2. All members of the Board of Directors shall be a member in the Association;
shall be a citizen of the State of Maine; shall be at least eighteen (18) years of age and shall be a member in good standing.
1. The term of office of all Association officers shall be one (1) year provided
that any officer may be re-elected for an additional term or terms. Vacancies in any office or in members of the Board of Directors occurring between elections shall be filled by special ballot at the first regular meeting at which the withdrawal or resignation is announced provided there is a quorum present.
1. The Association shall generally hold twelve (12) meetings per year on the
second Thursday of each month. All meetings sponsored by the Association shall be open to all members of the Association.
2. Special meetings may be called provided that notice of such meetings be
given to the members at least five (5) days in advance by such means as the Board deems sufficient. The notice shall specify the purpose of the meeting.
3. The Annual Meeting of the Association shall be held in January of each year.
4. Nine (9) members of the Association shall constitute a quorum at any meeting of the members.
5. The Board of Directors shall meet upon call of the President. Four members of the Board of Directors shall constitute a quorum at any meeting of the Board.
1. The annual dues shall be fifteen (15) dollars per individual or twenty (20)
dollars per family.
1. The nominating committee shall report a list of nominations for officers and
directors to the members at the meeting held in the month prior to the annual meeting. No name of any candidate shall be presented without his/her consent. Nominations by Association members may also be made from the floor while elections are being held at the annual meeting
2. The members of the Association shall elect annually the Association officers. Elections for officers and members of the Board of Directors shall be by direct vote of the members at the annual meeting, a plurality of votes cast shall elect,
1. Amendments to the By-Laws may be made at any regular or special meeting of the members of the Association provided that notice of the proposed amendment is given at a meeting at least thirty (30) days prior to the meeting at which the amendment is to be voted upon.
2. Amendments to these By-Laws may be initiated by a majority of the Board of Directors or by a petition bearing eight signatures of the membership at large. A two-thirds vote of the Association membership present at the meeting shall be required to approve proposed amendments in order to become law.
3. All changes in the By-Laws must not conflict with the Articles of Incorporation of the Association or with the laws of the State of Maine.
By-Laws were last amended December 2001.)